Bamboo Break was a game first added to the Arcade on January 7, 2009. The game is a bamboo version of Tetris (which may have prompted its removal in 2010) with a few extra mechanics.
Like Tetris, the object of the game is to remove lines of blocks (or bamboo) without reaching the ceiling. The player may hold pieces for later and rotate the bamboo currently given. There are a total of 12 levels.
Challenges are presented each round for extra points, chips, or for automatic removal of rows. Chips are used to heighten the chance of earning the trophy.
- Use the left and right arrow keys to move the piece of bamboo.
- Use the down arrow key to send the piece of bamboo to the bottom quickly.
- Use the up arrow key to rotate the piece.
- Use the space bar to put a piece in the hold box.
Method 2: (Using the Number Pad)
- 4 - Move the piece left.
- 6 - Move the piece right.
- 1 - Rotate the piece.
- 2 - Drops the piece to the bottom quickly.
- 0 - Put the piece in the hold box.
While you are playing you may get a challenge. These challenges may be to complete one of the following tasks:
- Clear exactly 3 lines at once
- Clear exactly 4 lines at once
- Clear 5 lines (within the time limit and not at once)
- Clear 6 lines (within the time limit and not at once)
Each of the challenges come with a prize. The prizes are a bonus chip, points, or lines of bamboo automatically cleared. Players should strive for bonus chips because they improve the odds of winning a trophy at the end of the game (see "Trophy" below).
When you complete a challenge it will say "Challenge Complete" and you'll receive your prize!
A trophy was awarded by random chance (starting at 1 in 100) if all 12 levels were completed. To improve these odds, players can collect bonus chips during the game. For each bonus chip collected, the odds of winning increase by one. For example, if 5 bonus chips have been collected once the game is completed, the odds of winning will be 6 in 100; if 23 have been collected, the odds will be 24 in 100 of winning the trophy.
It could only be won once per account, and could not be exchanged with other players by any means.
- Practice makes perfect!
- Put your straight blue piece in the hold box and leave a space for it. When you get a challenge for four spaces, use it!