Dex Dangerous and the Lunar Lugbotz!
Dex Dangerous and the Lunar Lugbotz! is an Arcade game that you play as Dex Dangerous. The object is to protect the moon from the Lugbotz miners with an armed spaceship. If Lugbotz hit Dex’s ship, the ship will be stunned and unable to move or shoot for a short time. Destroying enemies will sometimes drop satellites, which when shot will reward different powerups that can help you.
There is a wide variety of Lugbotz, all with different abilities.
- Grey Pig Lugbotz: Enemy that moves towards the Moon. Spawns at Level 1 and onward.
- Brown Dog Lugbotz: Enemy that is similar to the Pig Lugbotz, but moves quicker. Spawns at Level 2 and onward.
- Grey and Red Monkey Lugbots: Enemies has a ranged shooting attack and can take multiple hits to destroy. Slightly larger than the Pig and Dog Lugbotz. Spawns at Level 2 and onward.
- Giant Dog Lugbotz: Spawn smaller astroids that can damage the player and Moon. Takes several shots to eliminate and is much larger than previously listed enemies. Spawns at Level 5 and onward.
Alongisde the Lugbotz are astroids and fuel canisters which can also make contact and damage the Moon if not destroyed. Astroids can take multiple hits to destroy (unless using a Blast Shot Power Up) and will splinter into multiple smaller astroids, which will also damage the Moon. The fuel canisters will explode when destroyed, which gives a similar effect to the Blast Shot Power Up and can be used to take out multiple enemies in its radius of explosion.
Use the mouse to move your ship. Your ship always points towards your mouse cursor. Press or hold the left button to fire.
There are 5 Power Ups that you can receive in the game. These can either be recieved by shooting Lugbotz which will drop the satellites or they somtimes periodically appear on their own.
- Moon Repair: Slightly repairs damage to the Moon (if applicable). This satellite seems to only spawns from the Giant Dog Lugbotz.
- Rapid Shot: The standard 1-shot lazer is given a boost to how quick it can fire.
- Triple Shot: The standard 1-shot lazer is replaced with a lazer that shoots 3 zaps every shot.
- Blast Shot: The standard 1-shot lazer is given a larger radius of damage, making it potential to take out multiple enemies in one shot. This shot has a slower rate of fire than the standard shot.
- Phase Shot: The standard 1-shot lazer is given a boost to how quick it can fire. This shot is faster than the Rapid Shot.
Dex Dangerous and the Lunar Lugbotz! Trophy was only obtainable during a challenge set for April 23 to April 27, 2018. The challenge returned for March 23 to March 29, 2020. It was obtained by completing three tasks: spinning the Wheel of WOW 3 times, earning 150 KinzCash playing Dex Dangerous and the Lunar Lugbotz at the Arcade, and winning a game of Link'D at the Tournament Arena.
- Dex Dangerous, the protagonist of the game, held a campaign for Webkinz Mayor. He can also be seen helping judge many of the compitions held within Webkinz.
- Enemies will begin to spawn closer and will begin to speed up towards the moon as the game goes on.
- The spaceship can be placed strategically to take hits that would've otherwise hit the Moon, but this becomes more difficult in later levels where being frozen can be a greater detriment.