Cash Cow is an Arcade game which was released in 2005. Players click on groups of three or more same colored milk bottles so that they disappear from the screen, earning points. In early 2017 the game was updated with new graphics and changing the way the trophy is obtained. However, the old version is still available to play in the Tournament Arena as Cash Cow Battles!
Cash Cow is also available as a standalone app on iPhone and Android, purchased from the App Store or Google Play Store for .99 cents.
Cash Cow has two difficulties: normal and hard. Hard mode begins with more bottles on the screen, and more colors to match. Regardless of difficulty the game begins with a screen full of multi-colored milk bottles, with one row at the bottom gradually filling with bottles. Once this row is filled, it will be added to the main screen which pushes the existing bottles closer to the top. Alternatively, the player can click on this bottom row to add another row to the screen instantly. This can be useful if the player is aiming to eliminate large groups of bottles, but it can also be dangerous if too many rows are added quickly. The top of the screen has a meter that fills up as players click on bottles, adding cash to the cow's truck. Once this meter is full, the player advances to the next level.
Only groups of three or more bottles can be cleared from the screen. If the player clicks on a group that cannot be cleared too many times, (for example, a group of only two bottles) points will be deducted from their score. If the screen is completely cleared, then a KinzCash Bonus is awarded. If the milk bottles reach the top of the screen, the game ends.
The original Cash Cow did not have a meter that measured the player's progress - instead, there were different levels of profit that matched the amount of money in the cow's truck. The levels in order were Workin' Hard, Doing Well, Makin' Money, Raking It In and Got the Big Cash. Once Got the Big Cash was highlighted, Cash Cow would drive away and move on to the next level.
Cash Cow is one of the Arcade games that can award a Trophy. The trophy was originally randomly obtained by clearing a large group of bottles, but is now awarded by clearing a group of ten or more orange bottles from the screen.
- Try to click the bottom for more rows, but know your limits. If you go too high and cannot control it, you might just end up losing the game. However, you do get your goals faster and get more points if you get lots of rows, so just know your limits.
- It is harder to win the trophy. It is more on chance. If you go and pike the bottles up high, and remove all colors but one, and then remove the large amount of the one color, you usually get lower points. I would not try to plan the big clump of bottles.
- If you click too much on bottles that will not leave and are not grouped, points will be removed.
- Click the bottom row of bottles (the ones that are starting to produce slowly) for an immediate row of bottles.
- Remember, that it is 3 or more bottles for this game. Not 2 or more.
- Level 1 starts with 3 colors. Level 4 adds a color. Level 8 adds another color.