Deluxe Membership is a subscription service that gives players additional benefits for a fee.
When signing up for Deluxe Membership, you will receive:
- Deluxe Membership Hat on first time sign-up.
- Access to Deluxe exclusive areas, items, pets, and daily activities.
- Discounts on eStore items.
- Monthly gift boxes.
- Free monthly ePoints.
- Customizable KinzChat phone, speech bubbles, and unique emoticons.
- Daily extra spin on the Wheel of Wishes.
There are three plans for Deluxe Membership as of July 2020:
- 1 month
- $0.99 for the first month, $5.99 for each monthly renewal afterwards. Available once per Webkinz account as an introductory offer.
- 1000 free eStore Points per month.
- 3 months
- $4.99 per month, $14.99 total.
- 3000 free eStore Points per month.
- 12 months
- $3.75 per month, $44.99 total.
- 3000 free eStore points per month plus 5000 bonus eStore Points on sign-up.
- 2 Exclusive Deluxe items.
When Webkinz became fully free to play in 2014, Deluxe Membership was added and features were taken away. Examples include the following:
- Users cannot send postcards or packages
- Users cannot customise the phone
- KinzChat+ is off-limits, but can be unlocked via adopting a pet (soft locked)
- Many games are unplayable.
This in turn stirred up some controversy, when the Deluxe Membership was adopted and implemented. Going as far as YouTube videos popping up, mostly with the title "Why Webkinz is only for Deluxe members". This would in turn go on to cause the general downfall of Webkinz World as many where outraged. The high price tag ($44.99 total/12 months, $3.75/mo) also fueled the controversy.