Media Promotions To Add
- The Good Dinosaur
- Yo-Kai Watch
The Arthur Christmas Items were a part of a series of promotions that first began in November 2011. The original 2011 promotion included login gifts, a special wheel of wow, an Arthur Christmas floaty, and a video challenge. Arthur Christmas returned the following year to promote the release of the movie to DVD & Blue Ray. Only a handful of new prizes were added, and most prizes given away were prizes from 2011. The video challenge, log in gifts, and a new floaty returned. The wheel of wow did not return for 2012.
2011 Wheel of WOW
- From November 10, 2011 through November 24, 2011 players could spin the Wheel of WOW for a chance to win one of five exclusive Arthur Christmas Prizes.
- The prizes on the wheel included: an Emergency Cracker, Stealthy Elf Backpack, Stealthy Elf Goggles, High Tech Stocking Stuffer, and Stealthy Elf Communicator. All other prizes on the wheel were varying amounts kinzcash of kinzcash.
2011 Arthur Christmas Gifts
- On November 12th, 2011 players who logged into Webkinz World received a Gift Box that included a Knitted Sweater, an Elf Training Kit, and 50 KC
- On November 19th 2011, players who logged in to Webkinz World were awarded a special gift box with an S1 Sleigh' from the movie.
- On November 20th, 2011 players who logged into Webkinz World received a Gift Box that included a Reindeer Bobblehead, Slippers, and 50 KC
- On November 24th, 2011 players who logged in to Webkinz World received a Gift Box that included Chattering Toy Teeth, a Letter to Santakinz, and 50 KC
2011 Arthur Christmas Floaty
- Beginning November 25th, 2011 players could click on a floating elf from Arthur Christmas to receive a Wintermint Candy Cane.
2011 Arthur Christmas Video Challenge
- In November 2011, players could complete an Arthur Christmas Video Challenge. Players watched a small video clip and were awarded one of three prizes afterwards.
- Prizes for the November 2011 Arthur Christmas Video Challenge included: Letters to Santakinz, Hover Sleigh, and Reindeer Slippers.
2012 Arthur Christmas Gifts
None of the Arthur Christmas gifts that were given away in boxes for 2012 were new and exclusive to Arthur Christmas, and were instead awarded in various ways during the previous 2011 promotion.
- On November 2nd, 2012 players who logged in to Webkinz World received a Red Bow Gift Box that included an Emergency Cracker.
- On November 3rd, 2012 players who logged in to Webkinz World received a Gold Bow Gift Box that included a Reindeer Bobblehead.
- On November 4th, 2012 players who logged in to Webkinz World received a Blue Bow Gift Box that included a Wintermint Candy Cane.
- On November 5th, 2012 players who logged in to Webkinz World received a Silver Bow Gift Box that included a High Tech Stocking Stuffer.
- On November 6th, 2012 players who logged in to Webkinz World received a Green Bow Gift Box that included an Elf Patrol Backpack.
2012 Arthur Christmas Floaty
- From November 3, 2012 through November 13, 2012, players could click on a floating Arthur in Webkinz World for a chance to win 3 new food prizes.
- The three new food prizes included a Chocolate Chip Milkshake, Elf Cookie, and Gingerbread Elf.
2012 Arthur Christmas Video Challenge
- Like 2011, the Video challenge returned for 2012. The only difference was that instead of one of three prizes, players had a chance to win one of 5 prizes.
- The three prizes from the previous year (Letters to Santakinz, Hover Sleigh, and Reindeer Slippers) returned again for this promotion. The 2012 video challenge also added an Elf Patrol Communicator and Knitted Sweater to the prize pool.
Original 2011 promotions listed the sleigh given as the "S1 Sleigh" from the movies. When the sleigh was actually awarded, it was called the "Hover Sleigh" in everyone's docks.
Despicable Me 2 Promotion
- On June 26, 2013 through July 8, 2013 players could visit their Webkinz World map to find a minon walking on the road to promote Despicable Me 2 coming to theaters on July 3rd.
- Players could click on the minion once per day.
- Clicking on a minion awarded the player a Despicable Awesome Gift Box, which contained one of two prizes: Despicably Blue Overalls or Googly Goggles.
Doc McStuffins School of Medicine
- From September 17, 2014 through September 25, 2015 Webkinz ran a promotion to celebrate Disney Junior's show, Doc McStuffins.
- During the promotion there was a pool of 10 prizes including: Docs Lab Coat and Magical Stethoscope, Classic Doc Shoes, Doc Mobile, Doc Nutritionist Outfit, Doc Special Nutritionist Shoes, Doc's Big Book of Boo Boos, Doc's Eye Doctor Outfit, Doc's Eye Doctor Shoes, Heart Shaped Glasses, and Prize Strawberries.
- There were 3 methods to win one of the possible 10 prizes. Players could click on a floating purple bandage in webkinz world to receive one random prize. Players could click on Lambie walking on their Map of Kinzville road for one random prize. And, players could watch a Doc McStuffins Video and complete the questions to receive one random prize. No matter the method, each random prize came from the same pool.
- Players could click on several bandages each day, but players could only do the video challenge and click on Lambie once per account per day.
Doc McStuffins Pet Vet
- From July 30, 2015 through August 13, 2015 players in the United States could click on a floating paw print in Webkinz World to receive a Doc McStuffin Pet Vet Themed Prize.
- This promotion ran to promote Disney's Special Event: Doc McStuffins Pet Vet!
- Players had the chance to win one of 4 new prizes: Bouncy Ball, Water Bowl, Cozy Bed, or Cuddly Rug.
Happy Feet Two Promotion
- Starting November 4, 2011, players with Asian accounts began reporting a floating penguin.
- By clicking on the penguin, players were awarded a Green Fishsicle to feed to their pets, courtesy of the movie Happy Feet 2.
HOP Movie Promotion
In March 2011, Webkinz ran a series of HOP promotions to promote the new HOP movie, premiering in theaters on April 1. Players could click on a HOP ad to watch a video and win prizes, or click on floating hop eggs. Advertisements were third party, so only specific ads that said "watch the trailer to win prizes" actually awarded prizes. Other advertisements took players off the webkinz site.
Hop Video Challenge
- In March 2011, HOP movie ads began appearing around Webkinz World in the advertisement section. Ads promoted players to click them to watch a trailer to win prizes.
- Clicking on the ad led players to a video clip of the Hop Trailer. After watching the trailer, if players answered all questions correctly they were awarded a prize or a free Hopping Bunny.
- This promotion was only available to United States and Canada members.
- The Video challenge awarded players with only 1 hopping bunny per account.
- Players could continue playing the video challenge for a chance to win one of these awesome prizes: Checkered Shirt, Pink Beret, Pile of Jellybeans, or Yellow Chick Plushy.
- The HOP Video Challenge remained active up until 2012, despite the promotion being over.
Hop Floaty Clicky
- In March 2011, in addition to the movie challenge there were also floating eggs around Webkinz World.
- Players could find a floating egg that said "Hop April 1st" on it.
- Clicking on the egg awarded players 1 of 2 food prizes: a purple patterned egg or chick peeps.
Inside Out Movie Promotion
- From June 7, 2015 through June 21, 2015 Webkinz ran a promotion for Disney Pixar's new movie Inside Out.
- This promotion was only available to Canadian members to promote the release of Inside out on June 19th.
- Members could see a blue inside out gift box floating across their screen. Clicking on the box awarded them with their own inside out gift box. Opening the box would award a piece of random clothing from 6 inside out themed outfits: Fear Shirt, Disgust Dress, Sadness Shirt, Anger Shirt, and Joy Dress.
- Each account could get up to 8 boxes per day.
The Kinectimals event was a part of a promotion to celebrate the release of the latest version of Kinectimals for Xbox360 starting in November 2011. Events for this promotion began on November 23rd, 2011 and ran through December 21st and included log in gifts, click to win, and a video challenge.
Kinectimals Click to Win
- From November 23, 2011 through December 21, 2011 players could click on a floating panda to receive one of 5 special treats.
- Special treats were all food prizes unique to the promotion: Wild Berry Biscuit, Wildflower Porridge, Blueberry Nut Bar, Tree Sap Soda, or an Island Berry Smoothie.
- Once a player clicked on a panda, in order to receive their treat they had to complete three different actions on a kinectimals pet such as dragging their mouse along the pet to make it sit or roll over.
Kinectimals Video Challenge
- Between November 9, 2011 and December 7, 2011 players in the United States could do a Kinectimals Video Challenge on Webkinz Newz for exclusive Kinectimals items.
- There were six prizes to be won including: White Tiger Cub Plushy, Black Bear Cub Plushy, Polar Bear Cub Plushy, Paw Print Painting, Tiger Cub Poster, and Isla the Panda Pet Buddy.
- Isla could only be won once per account.
Kinectrimals Login Gifts
- On November 20th, players who logged into Webkinz World received an Island ATV.
- On December 10th, players who logged into Webkinz World received an Exotic Bear Cub Statue.
- On December 18th, players who logged into Webkinz World received a Peaceful Meadow Window.
The Lorax promotions were a series of events that ran from February 16th through March 4th, 2012 to promote the new movie Dr. Suess' the Lorax. This event featured a floating lorax, an adventure park quest for all members, and several Lorax themed login gifts.
The Lorax Adventure Park Quest: Help the Lorax Protect Webkinz World
- From February 16, 2012 through March 4, 2012 a new Adventure Park Quest was added for all members. Except for "those who blocked third party ads and sponsored content" (according to Webkinz Newz).
- Members did not have to have an adventure park pet to participate in this Adventure Park quest.
- Exclusive Lorax themed prizes could be won from the Adventure Park Quest.
- Digging prizes from the Lorax Quest were: Animal Totem, Robot Flower, Silver Tiara, Truffula Tree Painting, and Unicycle Helmet.
- There were two grand prizes for the quest: the Unless Platform, and Electric Unicycle.
The Lorax Floaty
- From February 18, 2012 through March 3, 2012 players could click on a floating Lorax head to receive Marvelous Marshmallows to feed to their pet.
The Lorax Login Gifts
- The Lorax promotion awarded login gifts on February 29, March 1, and March 2, 2012.
- On February 29, 2012 members who logged into Webkinz World received a giftbox with a Woolly Moustache inside.
- On March 1, 2012 members who logged into Webkinz World received a giftbox with a Pink Cotton Candy Tree inside.
- On March 2, 2012 members who logged into Webkinz World received a giftbox with a Cuddly Bear Plush inside.
- During the promotional period, the arcade game Where's Wacky? was overtaken by the Lorax.
- The game was called Lorax Lookout, but played like Where's Wacky? with Lorax themes and characters.
- No special prizes were awarded for this game.
Mattel Fijit Promotion
- Beginning October 17, 2011 through the end of October there was a new floaty to promote Mattel's newest interactive robot: Fijit.
- Players could click on a floating Fijit robot to win a Yummy Jelly Snack.
Fijit Login Gift & Card
- Players who logged into Webkinz World received a special Fijit themed gift: the Friendship Headband.
- Along with the headband, players received a Fijit card promoting the newest robot toy.
Fijit: Rockin' Newbies
- Fijit Rockin' Newbies was an arcade game that was in the webkinz arcade from February 15, 2012 through February 29, 2012 to promote the new Fijit Newbies.
- The game was not unique, and was instead a take over of the existing webkinz arcade game Waddell's Ice Cap Adventure.
- The game play was similar, but with a musical twist where the fijit characters and music notes replaced Waddell and the fish.
- Players who blocked third party ads and content were unable to play or view the game.
- No special prizes were awarded for the game.
Nakamas is a Ganz site that was introduced in July 2012 and promotes the ideals of caring, sharing, and friendship. Nakamas was short lived as a standalone site, for sometime in 2013 Nakamas merged with Amazing World.
Nakamas Click to Win: September 2012
- Sometime in September 2012, Webkinz promoted their new site Nakamas through a small click to win.
- Players could click on a floating Primrose, a bunny from Nakamas, to win a Friends Cherry Berry Cupcake.
- Once the bunny was clicked, players could learn more about Nakamas.
- The Friends Cherry Berry Cupcake was previously given out on Webkinz Newz and not unique to this promotion.
Nakamas Click to Win: December 2012
- Once again, Ganz held another click to win on Webkinz to promote their new site.
- On December 24, 2012 through December 31, 2012 players began to report seeing a floating Primrose, the same bunny from the first promotion, flying through their Asian accounts.
- This time when a player clicked on Primrose they were awarded a completely brand new item the Nakamas Friendship Bracelet.
- Players could also choose to learn more about Nakamas like they did in the previous floaty.
Nakamas Video Challenge
- Starting November 28, 2012 Ganz added a Nakamas video challenge to Webkinz World to continue promotion of their new site.
- Players could watch the short video and answer a question that followed. If the question was right, players were awarded with a Nakamas Holiday Wreath.
- One wreath could be won once per day per account.
Nakamas Clubhouse Room
- On October 17, 2012 a special Nakamas room was announced on Webkinz Newz.
- Players who logged into Webkinz World on October 6, 2012 received a special card in the mail about the new Nakamas Clubhouse room. It is unknown if the room was available at this time, or not until the October 17th announcement date.
- When players visited the Nakamas room and clicked on the sewing machine, they were awarded with a Nakamas T-Shirt to dress their pet.
- Players could win one Nakamas T-Shirt per account per day.
- The Nakamas room was available in both KinzChat and KinzChat Plus.
- On November 7, 2012 the Nakamas room had left the clubhouse.
Nakamas Login Gift 2012 & Card
- On December 14, 2012 players that logged into Webkinz World received an exclusive Huggy Hoodie.
- In the pop up, players were encouraged to visit Nakamas today.
- In the Kinzpost, players received a card for their Huggy Hoodie gift. Players were again encouraged in the card to join Nakamas.
Nakamas Login Gift 2013
- On January 11, 2013 players that logged into Webkinz World received another exclusive Nakamas prize. This time, the prize awarded was the Nakamas Poster.
- Players were once again encouraged to visit Nakamas and this time offered a free bracelet if they signed up.